Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Powerful Movie... With Connary, Sean Connary and not as James Bond

A Powerful Movie
My wife and I watched a movie today, on video, the movie was MEDICINE MAN, with Sean Connery and Lorraine Bracco.  It had been many years since last I had seen this film, and in all reality it had been since this movie had been on HBO, since I had last seen it.

I remembered bits and pieces of this movie, and was surprised by the humor that wound its' way through this intense film about Connery, a lone scientist who is living in the Amazon rain forest and has discovered the cure for cancer.

The film is still stunningly beautiful as well as powerful in the story that it weaves, and keeps you on the edge of your seat to the end, which is both tragic, but with hope.

If you have not seen this movie, or haven't seen it in ages, it is well worth the time to rent, neigh buy this movie.  If you have concern for this world, have friends over, make it a movie night and then find out what is happening now in the Amazon, and what you can do.


1 comment:

  1. Of course you know how I feel about Sean...yes, we are on 1st name basis. *snickers*
    One of my favorite movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete